According to the Department of Human and Health Services, most healthy adults should get at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity each week. We get it but there are many reasons when you simply can't workout such as; an exercise-related injury, another physical injury, health issues, recently having a baby, being sick, etc.
While nursing yourself back to health is the main priority, here are
5 No Workout Weight Loss Tips
1. Drink water with all meals - Water is the perfect zero calorie beverage that goes with every food group plus it'll keep you hydrated and helps keep you full which equals less eating. Don't like the taste alone? Add fruit or grab a water enhancing powder to mix it with.
2. Eat less junk food - Notice we say eat less of it, not get rid of it completely. Going from eating a whole bag of chips to eating half the bag makes a difference. Less calories eaten equals more of a calorie deficit which results in weight loss.
3. Intermittent Fasting - There are apps that help with fasting or you could simply put a reminder on your phone. With this method, you having an eating window, for example 12pm - 8pm, and you only eat during this time. The idea is to create a calorie deficit by blocking out a meal.
4. Making Healthier Foods more Visible & Accessible - Seeing healthier foods first remind you of your goals so when you're ready to eat, you're more likely to grab it. The more out of reach the junk food, the better. Even if you decide to eat the junk food, read #2 above to make sure you stay on track.
5. Doing chores - No, this one isn't a mistake! Cleaning up is a workout in itself. Mowing the lawn, walking your dog, doing laundry, cleaning a room are all things we have to do, and it's also body movement that burns calories so let's get to cleaning!
Which method will you try first?