Technically Summer ends September 22, 2022 but with the kids going back to school soon and life going back to "normal" in a couple weeks, it's basically almost over. 😔
If you were able to get away this Summer, amazing! If not, that's okay too because we're going to give you 5 Last Minute Summertime Fun Ideas.
Let's get started!
1. It's hot so it's best to be wet if you're outside. 🌊 Queue the neighborhood pool, local water park, or head to your nearest Walmart, Dollar General, or Amazon for a cheap water toy to put outside.
2. Gas is going down so you know what that means, ROAD TRIP!!! What better way to wind down the Summer than taking a last minute trip to the nearest town and staying a few nights to explore. Visit museums, eat from local business, find a zoo. Whatever it is, we're sure you'll find something new to do.
3. Staycation me please! Even if you can't travel far, who said a staycation is off the table. Head downtown in your city and stay in a hotel for a night or two. Make sure you pick one with a pool! If a spa is included, even better! Use this as a chance to reset without have to spend too much or travel too far.
4. Nothing is better than getting together with family and friends and eating some home cooked food! Next up on the list, a nice ole cookout! This can be at someone's house or a local park. The key is making sure there's shelter from the sun, making sure the best cooks get food duties, and bringing toys for the kids. Have fun and don't forget the sunscreen!
5. Last but surely not least, scheduling a day strictly for you! Jot down some of your favorite things to do and make a day of it. For us, eating brunch, catching up on a Netflix movie, and getting a mani/pedi makes the list. Do what works for you just make sure it's ALL ABOUT YOU. You deserve some me time and should plan it consistently.
Which one of these 5 will you do before Summer ends? Let us know in the comments!